KULA BERLIN on the road to Gdańsk, Poland. 2019
Gdansk is one of the most scenic, cultural and historically significant cities in the country. Living by the sea and the open-mind culture is the key for an increasing population of young people in Poland. Gdansk has a beautiful selection of museums, with finest regional food and a active nightlife scene.
Gdańsk pursue a policy of solidarity. Helping the elderly, the poor, the disabled is an aim of Gdańsk people living there. The city has so much to explore. Our first impression of the old city center was the architecture and the welcoming mentality of locals. Here we love to present you some locations to add on your Roadtrip. Let’s start with the food.
Where to eat?
- All about Potatoe! You want to get a uncomplicated lunch? Really great variants of potato dishes you can get in Pyra Bar. It’s a simple food place, from the style it remember us like a canteen. Here you get fresh made food.
- One of Poland’s national food is Pierogarnia. Its a Dumpling with different kind of dips. The Pierogarnia Mandu restaurant create the finest handmade Pierogarnias and also innovative, as they use differente ingredients. We tried the Dumplings of the month with orange and cheese and the traditional dumplings with potatoes, chorizo, mascarpone and truffle paste. Delicious!
Where to drink?
- Gdansk has many places to get some drinks. PG4 its a huge place with good self brewed Pils and Lager. Here you can snack and stay for a small chat with people from all over the world.
- For a great speciality coffee we stopped by Drukarnia Cafe. Its directly in one of the most beautiful streets of Gdansk Maraca 36, which we suggest to visit.
Local recommendation for nightlife:
- Locals suggest Jozef K. It’s a small friendly alternative place in the city center. Ziemia is a experimental techno club, its remember us the 90’s of berlins hidden home clubs.
Places we deeply recommend to give time for a visit.
The European Solidarity Centre is a museum and library in Gdańsk, Poland, devoted to the history of Solidarity and the civil resistance movement.
We wish you a great start into 2020!